Advertisement

September 2020 Books | Someone Employ Me Please

September 2020 Books | Someone Employ Me Please Hey Booktube! Excuse my horrendous pronunciation in this video.

Books I discuss in this video:

1. The Idiot by Elif Batuman
2. The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead
3. The Vegetarian by Han Kang
4. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens

I also briefly mentioned Haruki Murakami's Norwegian Wood in relation to The Vegetarian but forgot to elaborate! Both share similar themes (mental illness, sexuality) & both novels share the central conceit of forests and trees.

Let me know if you have read any of these books! I'd particularly love to know your thoughts on the topic I raised on the Deila Owens novel.

My socials:
Goodreads:
Twitter: @annahads

Like & subscribe for more book content (hopefully). Yadda yadda etc


booktube,

Post a Comment

0 Comments