Advertisement

Landcruiser 79 Series - Custom Canopy

Landcruiser 79 Series -  Custom Canopy This canopy was fitted about mid year 2015. The design process took about 6-8 weeks from start to finish with various cad versions being developed.

The start was from a concept drawing provided and some pictures that were available on the website of Concept Canopies.

Development of canopies and their fitout has come a long way since 2015 though there would only be marginal changes I would make, now. Some of these are discussed in the video.

I'd have the rear ladder with an extension step just to make it a bit easier getting on and off the ladder. I currently use the tow bar tongue or the draw bar of the camper as the first step. I think that's about all I'd change that is not mentioned in the video.

I certainly would now have a Lithium 200 ah battery in the canopy with a Redarc Manager 30 teamed with a 1500w pure sine wave inverter. I'd probably swap out the engels for 1 upright engel and not worry about the generator. I'm still to work an ergonomic (easy) solution to get my tinny on and off the roof rack - yeh I know, there is a custom roof rack mob locally at Bundaberg …… Okay, I can hear you, not really canopy stuff and I agree.

Canopy

Post a Comment

0 Comments