Advertisement

Leonard Cohen's 'Hallelujah': A Simple, Soulful Arrangement & Lesson

Leonard Cohen's 'Hallelujah': A Simple, Soulful Arrangement & Lesson I'm getting into this thing lately of making my arrangements as simple as possible - leaving space, letting notes breathe, chords ring - it makes for a very relaxing way to practice techniques, and pay homage to such iconic masterpieces of songcraft.
Interestingly, when I leave the gaps where I would normally shoehorn in a fill, everything starts to sound like a Chris Isaak record - which is a most welcome accident!
I love that dreamy, sparkly, tremolo-heavy guitar work.

for publisher-quality tabs of this lesson:
I'm on Patreon:
and Instagram:
If you like my videos, and would like to schedule a private online lesson, stop by my website:

Sound Tools Used in This Vid:
90s Fender CIJ '52 Reissue Telecaster
Custom Pickups
@HiwattOfficial Hi-5 Prototype Head
Mojotone Lite British 1x12 Cabinet
Weber Alnico Silver Bell Speaker
Rode NTR Active Ribbon Mic
ART Tube Mp Preamp
Tascam DR-40 Field Recorder
Garageband
Valhalla Vintage Verb

Thanks for watching!

#leonardcohen #hallelujah #guitarlesson

guitar,lesson,tutorial,improv,guitar solo,fender,lead guitar,instrumental,minor scale,riff,groove,hiwatt,pentatonic,leonard cohen,arrangement,hallelujah,telecaster,

Post a Comment

0 Comments