Advertisement

Brighter Than the Sun 🌞 Bold and Delicate Comb Wrecked Ring Pour! Mesmerizing!

Brighter Than the Sun 🌞 Bold and Delicate Comb Wrecked Ring Pour! Mesmerizing! Acrylic Pouring Painting Comb Wrecked Ring Pour Fluid Abstract Art

Hello Friends!

I tried a pour the other day that didn't quite work the way I wanted it to.. today we are pouring on that canvas with some adjustments to my color palette.

My Colors are:
Golden's -
Heavy Body
- Quinacridone Burnt Orange
Fluid Acrylics
- Iridescent Bronze, plus
Van Dyke Brown

Liquitex Basics
- Cadmium Yellow Deep Hue

DecoArt Americana Decor
Metallics
- 24K Gold

Artist's Loft
- Metallic White, plus
DecoArt Metallics - Pearl

My Pouring Medium is:
Liquitex Gloss Medium & Varnish
Paint + a bit of Water
Floetrol

I layer my cup carefully down the side, using the Quinacridone Burnt Orange in thicker layers and the yellow and bronze in small layers. I find it interesting that I only put one very small layer of white in the cup and still got so much white in the painting!

I pour my ring pour into a puddle of 24K Gold, then pour a wide layer of solid Burnt Orange around the pour, so that I have something to comb into. I then thin out the rest of my Iridescent Bronze and pour that around the Burnt Orange as my flow extender.
I use a small Pozilon mens comb to wreck the pour, in spokes like the Sun.. and then comb thru the bronze into the Burnt Orange to add some of the bronze in.. I think it looks so cool!!
I tilt to cover the corners and spread out my pour..
Even though I thinned out the flow extender Bronze, apparently I didn't thin it out enough and my paint was rolling over itself instead of sliding easily... Probably because I had a lot of pouring medium in that color from trying to thicken it up.

I get the canvas covered and then stop to look at it.. I LOVE it!
Using the burnt orange as our ring of solid color made all the yellow and gold and pearly white in the wrecked parts really stand out. There are some beautiful intricate parts from the wrecking, all floating on this beautiful burnt orange.. delicate but still bold.

I would love to come up with a name for this technique (because it's not really just 'wrecking a ring pour' anymore) and I'd love it if you guys could help me out. Combing is great, but (as a few of you have mentioned to me) the word 'wreck' has a feeling of ruining something, and I feel that we are adding interest, not ruining. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them!

****Some useful links******

Combs


Gloves


Omelet Turner (spatula)


Cups 16 oz


Giant Push Pins


Liquitex Gloss Medium & Varnish


If you would like to see more of my work, you can check it out on Facebook at Mina Villegas Art:


You can also find my Etsy shop here:


If you enjoyed this video and you'd like to be a Patron of the Arts you can donate here:


Thank you so much for your donations, every little bit helps me keep stocked in paint and canvas and pouring medium. I'm so happy to be able to create videos for you guys, and your support makes that possible. Thank you again. ❤️

I would love it if you could Share my videos on your social media! It's a great free way for you to help me grow my channel. I really appreciate all your support and encouragement!

If you see a painting that you love and would like to buy, please message me! My artwork is for sale, and I'd be happy to talk with you about the details in private.
You can contact me via Messenger (Mina Villegas) or you can email me at Mina@MinaVillegasArt.com 😊

Thank you all so much for watching and hanging out with us in the garden. I really feel all your support and encouragement and love, and we love you all right back. ❤ Please stay safe and take very good care of yourselves!

Much love and light to you all
~Mina, HoA and ZenKitty 🐾

#BrighterThanTheSunPour
#CombWreckedRingPour
#MinaVillegasArt

Acrylic,Paint,Pouring,Mina,Villegas,Art,wrecked ring pour,ring pour,comb wrecked ring pour,acrylic pouring technique,tree ring pour,mina villegas artist,pour painting,flow art,acrylic pour painting,tree ring pour acrylic paint,acrylic pouring techniques videos,ring pour for beginners,fluid art tutorial,ring pour acrylic,acrylic pouring recipe,abstract art for beginners,ring pouring technique,abstract painting ideas,abstract painting acrylic,

Post a Comment

0 Comments