Advertisement

Ex-Goldman Sachs REACTS to 'Industry' Ep.2 (New Investment Banking Series)

Ex-Goldman Sachs REACTS to 'Industry' Ep.2 (New Investment Banking Series) Get FREE premium access to all my Skillshare courses here:

You asked for it, so here it is. Reaction video to episode 2 of ‘Industry’. A new series following a group of interns working for an investment bank. I thought I’d react and explain some of the scenes for the educational benefit of future applicants and those curious to learn more about the banking and finance industry. All views are my own and have been drawn from my previous experiences of working in the industry.

If you enjoy this video or learn a thing or two do consider sharing it with friends and subscribing to the channel. Thanks, and enjoy!

Timestamps:
00:00 – Intro
00:44 – The cast retweeted us!
01:12 – Gyms at banks
02:13 – Catch-ups
02:53 – A costly misunderstanding
03:57 – Only wearing boxer shorts at work
04:20 – Etiquette
05:17 – Drinking culture
05:48 – Compliance/HR
06:33 – Deal tombstone
07:00 – Hidden agendas
08:00 – The culture in IBD
08:44 – Don’t share client confidential information
09:30 – How different parts of the bank compete against each other
10:55 – Always have a pitch idea ready
12:38 – Vulture-like sales moves
14:50 – Communicate before every meeting
15:42 – Intern dinner
16:24 – Team restructuring and headcount
17:50 – Trader flips out at dinner
20:04 – The typical end to every night out
20:30 – My thoughts: a pinch of salt
21:58 – My thoughts: exit opportunities
22:50 – My thoughts: securing an offer
23:32 – My thoughts: the pressure is real
24:08 – My thoughts: internal politics
25:21 – My thoughts: adultery and drugs

THANK YOU FOR NOT COPY STRIKING THIS VIDEO SO I CAN CONTINUE TO USE THESE GREAT SHOWS FOR EDUCATION AND REVIEW.

This video has been created for educational purposes under fair use (education and review). Credit: HBO, BBC, Industry series.
Industry series season 1, episode 2.

Watch Industry here:




🎵 I get my music here:

MY FREE ONLINE COURSES:
👨‍🏫 Investment Banking Divisions Explained –
👨‍🏫 Investment Banking & Consulting CV/Résumé –
👨‍🏫 Investment Banking & Consulting Cover Letter –

📧 Business inquiries: info@afzalhussein.com

USEFUL LINKS:
📲 Simpley –
💌 Newsletter –
🎵 Music –
👨‍💼 About me –
👨‍⚕️ CV Doctor –
🚀 The Greatness Company –

CONNECT WITH ME:
📸 Instagram –
🐦 Twitter –
💼 LinkedIn –

MY GOLDMAN SACHS CV AND COVER LETTER:
🏦 If you want access to the CV and cover letter (and more useful downloadable files) that I used to get my offer at Goldman Sachs visit

DISCOUNTS & OFFERS:
💰 Get 25% off all Finance Edge online courses by using the code AFZAL25 at checkout here –
💰 Get 20% off Analyst Prep products using the code AFZAL20 and this link –

ABOUT ME:
Hey! I'm Afzal Hussein. I make videos on banking and finance, careers, productivity and lifestyle. I'm also building Simpley (a marketplace for career advice), and I teach on Skillshare. Before all of this I started my career working at an investment bank called Goldman Sachs. Hit the various links above to find out more about me. Thanks for passing by!

#InvestmentBanking #Finance #Industry

Students,student,uk,entrepreneur,internship,intern,insight week,goldman sachs,jp morgan,investment banking,investment,banking,finance,corporate ladder,interviews,interview,questions,linkedin,youtube,viral,London,investment banking pay,investment banking salary,investment banking bonuses,investment banking internship,bonuses and salaries,money,industry,industry hbo,industry bbc,afzal hussein,reaction video,industry reaction,reaction,

Post a Comment

0 Comments