Advertisement

A simple tool to aid Mechanical Ventilation in the COVID-19 ICU Population

A simple tool to aid Mechanical Ventilation in the COVID-19 ICU Population We've all been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic in one way or the other. Where I live, we're about to hit its peak within a few weeks. Our ICUs are already crowded, as I'm sure are yours. I am a strong believer in that we can only get through this together, by helping each other in any possible way. As not all ICUs over the world have respiratory mechanics calculation freely available, I've created a simple bedside tool. It's called VentICalc. So, in this quick video I go through this simple tool to aid mechanical ventilation and how to use it in our COVID-19 population.

Update! It's an app! Check it out:


See also:


I'll make a video series on Mechanical Ventilation (Basic, Intermediate and Advanced) in the future :)

A special thanks to Hamilton for allowing me to use their HAMILTON-C6 simulator in this video!

Watch my videos on:
◆ ABCDE assessment + example:
◆ Acute Kidney Injury:
◆ Acid Base disturbances:
◆ Rhabdomyolysis:
And check out the channel for more.

Get it touch!
Website ▸
Twitter ▸
Facebook ▸
Instagram ▸

COVID19,COVID-19,mechanical ventilation,respiratory mechanics,intubation,ICU,plateau pressure,peak pressure,PEEP,FOAMed,CritIC,crit-ic,crit_ic,critical care,intensive care,Pmus,Bertoni,transpulmonary pressure,Ptp,compliance,lung compliance,venticalc,volume control,pressure support,QTc,driving pressure,mechanical power,

Post a Comment

0 Comments